Atting, July 2017
MT-Propeller Entwicklung GmbH has received the FAA STC No. ST08542NY-A for the Quiet Fan Jet 5-blade scimitar composite propeller MTV-27-1-E-C-F-R(G)/CFRL240-55d on the Twin Commander 690 / 695 Series with the engines Honeywell TPE-331-5-( ) or TPE-331-10-( ) or TPE-331-10T-( ) or any TPE-331-( ) installed per approved STC which do not exceed 820SHP and 1591 rpm.
The installation is already certified by EASA STC 10060826.
MT-Propeller President Gerd Muehlbauer says, that the installation feature the following advantages:
- Reduced take-off distance by approx. 10 % (MTOW, SL, ISA conditions).
- Enhanced cruise performance by 3 to 4 kts (MTOW, ISA).
- Cooler ITTs during engine start up, therefore less engine wear and reduced risk of hot start.
- Lighter than the original propellers by 8 kg (17,7 lbs) per propeller assembly.
- Cabin noise reduction between 3-5 dB(A).
- The STC complies with the strict German noise regulations 2010 - „Landeplatz Lärmschutz Verordnung“ for unrestricted airport operations in Germany and other European Countries.
- Unbeatable esthetic ramp appeal.
The MT-Propeller natural composite blades provide significant inside and outside noise reduction. They have no life limitation,and are repairable in case of an FOD.
They also provide best vibration damping characteristics for almost vibration free propeller operation and have bonded on nickel alloy leading edges for superior erosion protection of the blades.
MT-Propeller is the world leading natural composite propeller manufacturer with 30 certified propeller models from 2-blade to 6-blade hydraulically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 5000hp, and 2-blade to 4-blade electrically controlled variable pitch propeller, for engines producing up to 350hp as well as two blade fixed pitch propellers.
The high performance, light weight and durable MT-Propellers can be used on aircraft with piston engines and propeller turbines, as well as on airships, wind tunnels or hovercraft. MT-Propellers can be developed for nearly every aircraft type from motor gliders to regional airliners.
Fulfilling the highest certifications requirements they are also supplemental type certified on Part 25 aircraft.
MT-Propeller is holder of over 210 STCs worldwide and OEM supplier for more than 90% of the European Aircraft Industry as well as 30% of the US Aircraft Industry. Over 18,000 propeller systems with more than 68,000 blades are in service.
130 Million fleet hours where already performed on MT-Propellers. 35 years ago, the first MT-Propeller was shipped.
A factory certified network of 62 service centers, provides best service and maintenance all over the world.
MT-PROPELLER Entwicklung GmbH
D-94348 Atting - Germany
[ home ]