THE ABINGDON CO. INTRODUCES NEW PILOT WATCH WITH PATENT-PENDING ALPHABEZEL TO ASSIST PILOTS REMEMBERING ATIS
The Abingdon Co. is proud to release Katherine, its latest in its Aviatrix line. Available in eight different looks, Katherine has a patent-pending rotating bezel that has never before seen in the aviation world among the standard aviation watch brands.
• Surgical Grade Stainless Steel case and band
• Optional Rose Gold, IP Black, and IP Brown plating
• Bi-directional rotating ALPHAbezel
• Date and time function
• Sapphire windshield with a magnifying bubble at 6:30
• Genuine mother-of-pearl dial
• Screw-Down Case Back
• Miyota FS20 movement
• Power Reserve: 2 Year Battery
Patent Pending ALPHABezel – COME EXPERIENCE IT AT SUN N FUN BOOTH C-61
"We looked at the procedures that pilots use in the cockpit on virtually every flight. ATIS is a tool of aviation that all pilots have used," says, The Abingdon Co. founder and professional pilot, Chelsea "Abingdon" Welch. ATIS, which is short for "Automatic Terminal Information Service" is a continuous broadcast of at an airport of important information like weather and runways in use. ATIS is required for a pilot to pick up when they depart or approach one of the 3,000 busier airports in the world. ATIS has a certain letter of the alphabet that signifies whether or not it's current. The problem that every pilot has encountered at some point in their flying is that they forget the ATIS letter that is current. With Katherine, we have provided a tool that will assist pilots in remembering ATIS making them safer in the cockpit.
In 2011, while working with another company to design a watch for them, the Abingdon Co. came up with the ALPHAbezel. This is a game changer for Aviation watches, and makes Katherine one of the most useful timepieces for pilots on the market today.
Katherine's bi-directional bezel has the alphabet printed around, and is rotated with a crown mounted in the center of the watch at 6 o'clock. A magnifying bubble window at 6:30 will display the ATIS letter prominently for easy visibility to the wearer. Using the ALPHABezel is applicable to many other scenarios outside of aviation and is not just intended for pilots.
Katherine will be available to the public February 14th through The Abingdon Co. website, www.TheAbingdonCo.com and then through the company's authorized distributor network. Retail price will be $549.00USD.
Interviews with Company Founder / CEO Abingdon Welch are welcome & available upon request.
Campaign and brand Images available by request.
Katherine will be available for demonstration at Sun ‘n Fun Booth C-61, April 21, 2015.
Specifications about Katherine will be available at TheAbingdonCo.com
The Abingdon Co produces high-end watches that marry function and fashion for women for an affordable price. For more information, visit: http://theabingdonco.com
The Abingdon Co. Media Relations : firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter: @TheAbingdonCo #TheAbingdonCo
• The Abingdon Co. – www.TheAbingdonCo.com
• First aviation/traveler watch made exclusively for women
• Designed to combine feminine style with critical traveler’s function
• Designed by a female pilot Chelsea “Abingdon” Welch who heads the company ensuring quality and philosophical values are never compromised
• Functions: watches include flight computer, Zulu/GMT time conversion, luminous hands, and anti glare sapphire crystals
• Currently three watch models, Amelia, Jackie, and Elise
• Company founded November 2007
• High Resolution images can be found on the About page of www.TheAbingdonCo.com/press
[ home ]