Belite Introduces ProCub Lite; amazing performance, nostalgic look on an ultralight
Hi res photos available at Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c7n18ny0zdj5eat/2akQyweIBj
CONTACT: James Wiebe, Belite Enterprises, 316-253-6746, email@example.com
Wichita, KS – March 31, 2014 – Belite announces the ProCub Lite, its latest ultralight aircraft design. This new design is designed to provide a nostalgic look while incorporating numerous manufacturing and aerodynamic advances.
The overall look is that of a J3 Cub, complete with accurate tail feathers and wingtips. Wingspan has been enhanced, and Hoerner technology has been incorporated into the wingtips for extraordinary takeoff and feathery landings.
There are many technical points within this new design. The most unusual are as follows:
• The rear fuselage is manufactured using CNC cut foam with embedded aluminum or carbon fiber longerons and supports. The resulting structure is surprisingly smooth.
• For safety and ease of assembly, the cabin is manufactured from Belite's crash-proven CNC aluminum structure.
• The wing is manufactured either from classic spar and rib construction, or from CNC cut foam. All wings feature the rounded Hoerner wingtips.
• When the CNC cut foam is selected for the wing, the overall look of the wing is nearly absolutely smooth, eliminating drag and providing a stunning visual appearance.
• The turtledeck (upper rear fuselage) is also CNC cut foam, and provides a completely smooth, aerodynamic structure complete with nostalgic half moon windows.
The aircraft has been engineered to support a new engine, the Polini Thor 250 with water cooling, geared reduction and 36.5 HP. The flight testing has already documented extraordinary takeoff performance.
In kit form, this new entrant to the ultralight market is priced $11,995, including everything required to build the aircraft firewall back, with the exception of glue, rivets, and covering materials. Brakes, wheels, tires, spring gear and cowling are included. Numerous weight reduction and performance improvement options are available.
In Ready To Fly form, the ProCub Lite may be purchased complete, FAF, for $26,895. This includes a 28HP Hirth engine with electric start, cowling, complete covering, and instruments. Many other engine and option variations are available.
[ home ]